The Learn Dutch program for adults at ’t Klokhuis
If you are interested in a private (online) class, please contact us. To enroll for a private (online) lesson please click this link.
We have native speakers from both the Netherlands and Flanders, and we both speak the same language: DUTCH - watch this movie to find out how we share this one language.
Basic Advanced Plus
Each course is 15 weeks:
ERK A1: Basic I and II
At the end of these courses you can
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
At the end of the Basic II course, students are ready to take the Inburgeringsexamen (integration examination for immigrants from outstide the EU)
ERK A2: Basic Advanced
At the end of this course you can
- understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
At the end of the Basic Advanced course, the student can take the Profile 'Maatschappelijk Informeel'l language proficiency test from CNAVT.
ERK B1: Basic Advanced Plus
At the end of this course you can
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
At the end of the Basic Advanced Plus course, the student can take the Profile 'Maatschappelijk Formeel' language proficiency test from CNAVT.
What does each course cost?
Each basic course of 15 weeks costs $550 + $15 administration costs. All three courses are complimented by the same Vanzelfsprekend textbook and workbook + access to a learning platform. You are required to purchase this for an additional one time cost of $125. Once purchased you are set to go for all three basic courses.
Our classes will start back up in September 2021 - in person AND online - more information on online classes will follow in the summer:
Upperwest location: West End Collegiate Church, 245 West 77th Street, Manhattan
Mondays 7.00-9.00 pm - different levels
Fall course dates
2021 - Sept 20, 27; Oct 4, (no classes Oct 11),18, 25; Nov 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; Dec 6, 13, 20; 2022 - Jan 10 and 17
Spring course dates
2022 - Jan 31, Feb 7, 14, (no class Feb 21), 28, March 7, 14, 21, 28, April 4, 11 (no class Apr 18), 25, May 2, 9, 16, and 23
All online classes are from 7-8.45 pm - different levels on different days:
Fall course dates Tuesdays - online
2021 - Sept 21, 28; Oct 5, 12, 19, 26; Nov 2, 9, 16, (no class on Nov 23), 30; Dec 7, 14, 21; 2022 - Jan 11 and 18
Fall course dates Wednesdays - online
2021 - Sept 22, 29; Oct 6, 13, 20, 27; Nov 3, 10, 17, (no class on Nov 24); Dec 1, 8, 15, ; 2022 - Jan 5, 12 and 19
Spring course dates Tuesdays - online
2022 - Feb 1, 8, 15, (no class Feb 22), March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12, (no class Apr 19), 26, May 3, 10, 17 and 24
Spring course dates Wednesdays - online
2022 - Feb 2, 9, 16, (no class Feb 23), March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13, (no class Apr 20), 27, May 4, 11, 18 and 25